Fiona Wootton MSc.
Work History/ background
- (2008- 2010) Occupational Therapy Post-graduate Diploma, Master of Science MSc,
London South Bank University
- Occupational Therapist in London (UK) working in both hospital and community
settings, specifically working with children prior to moving to Vienna
- Freelance community artist and volunteer in art studios and art projects in the UK,
Austria and Nepal. Working with people with learning disabilities, autistic young
people, refugees, people with mental health needs, children in schools, and adults
accessing end of life care.
- Moved to Vienna in summer 2012. Presently working with English speaking children and their families at Praxis Belvedere in Vienna’s 4 th district, Vienna’s international schools, and with parents online and in-person.
Occupational Therapy with children
My work includes supporting neurodivergent children who may have diagnoses such as autism and ADHD/ ADD, as well as children with sensory processing issues that are impacting their daily life.
Some of the reasons children come to see me include motor planning differences, lacking fine and gross motor skills, social interaction and engagement struggles and regulation needs.
Sessions and consultations may focus on areas such as play, regulation, engagement, dressing, writing, family activities, school participation goals, as well as other meaningful activities, enabling children to be more engaged, autonomous and comfortable in daily life.
Regular parent meetings run alongside sessions to explore how goals are progressing and to provide opportunities to reflect on next steps.
I offer 1:1 sessions, parent consultation/ coaching, and home and school visits. Parent coaching and consultation is available both in person and online.
- Ayres’ Sensory Integration Practitioner Training pathway (UK, Austria and Portugal)
including SIPT certification
- The Cognitive Orientation to daily Occupational Performance Approach (CO-OP
- Occupational Performance Coaching
- DIR Floortime (introductory course and preparation for 201)
- Art of Therapy – Play & Relationships
- The Inside of Autism by Autistic Advocate Kieran Rose
- Improving Interoception by Kelly Mahler
- Authentic AAC by Kate McLaughlin SLP
- Handwriting Without Tears (USA)
- Learn Play Thrive Autism
- Comprehensive Observations of Proprioception
I am a member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists and registered with the Health Care Professionals Council (registration number: OT 62770) in the UK and a member of the specialist Independent and Children and Young People Sections. I am a member of Ergotherapie Austria and registered as an Ergotherapeutin with the Gesundheitsberuferegister (registration number: 19-GBR-104860).
When I’m not working I enjoy spending time with my two children and my partner, reading, cycling, swimming, drawing, listening to podcasts and dancing.
If you would like to get in touch please contact: